- Simple and cost effective way to measure ketones.
- Very easy to use – just hold the stick in your urine stream for 10-15 secs.
- In a few seconds, one should notice a colour change in the strip if you are in ketosis.
- It gives confidence to the tester that his/her weight is coming off gradually.
- The colour on the ketone stick serves as a guideline for the consultant to offer ways for his/her customer to get into correct ketosis.
During a customised weight loss programme, your body turns inward to burn its own fat reserves. This process is known as ketosis which is a metabolic state where the liver breaks down fat to produce ketones. Ketones are the primary fuel source for the body. Best way to determine that the body is in ketosis is to test your urine on the 4th day into your weight management programme.
Ketone sticks are urine testing strips which detect the presence of ketones in the blood. They are small plastic strips with an absorbent pad on the end. When you urinate on the absorbent pad, it changes colour to reflect the amount of ketones present in your urine.
Recommended usage: Once every morning from 4th day of your weight loss programme.